Youth Ballet & Community Dance School Program Summer 2017
Choose from a variety of classes, which are offered for all ages starting at children ages two and up, teens, and adults.
Summer Children's Ballet Workshops 2017
June 12-16, 9:30-11:30AM
June 12-16, 12:30-2:30PM
June 19-23, 9:30-12:00PM
Each camp emphasizes the story of a classical ballet. Camp will begin each day with a ballet class, followed with a video and discussion of ballet during snack time. After snack time, crafts and a variety of subjects will be discussed such as: history of ballet, costuming, nutrition, and anatomy.
Summer Dance Intensive 2017
June 19 - 23, 2017
9:00AM - 3:30PM
A full day of advancing dance technique and increasing the appreciation of dance. The intensive is offered to students enrolled in level 2B or above, ages 10-17. We accept students on a first come, first serve basis. Enrollment is limited to 25 students.
Spring 2017 Program
Choose from a wide range of classes, including: modern, jazz, ballet, yoga and body conditioning. Classes are offered for all ages starting at children ages 2 and up, teens, and adults.
Tuition Policy Reminders
- Payment of class tuition is due in advance. Once enrolled, you are responsible for entire tuition payment regardless of attendance.
- Families with more than one student are eligible for a 10% discount from your family tuition subtotal (registration fee for each individual is still required each semester).
- No refunds after the second week of classes.
- Registration for semester length classes that are not full will close after the second week. Drop-ins are available for some adult classes, so please contact the office.
- There will be a $15 service charge for all returned checks.
Year-round Youth Ballet Program
A complete classical ballet curriculum is offered for students ages 7 and up. The curriculum focuses on proper skeletal alignment, posture, strength, and stretch of the legs and feet, fluid arm carriage, flexibility and musicality.
New students should contact Kathryn Smith, Program Administrator, to arrange for a placement class.
Community Dance School
The UI Community Dance School offers a wide range of classes from adult ballet, modern, jazz and yoga. Classes are offered for all ages starting at children ages 2 and up, teens, and adults.