Spring 2017 Program
Choose from a wide range of classes, including: modern, jazz, ballet, yoga and body conditioning. Classes are offered for all ages starting at children ages 2 and up, teens, and adults.
January 2 - 14, 2017
The UI Youth Ballet is holding winter interim classes for level 2A through level 5. The UIYB strongly encourages dancers at these levels to participate in interim ballet classes between semesters to maintain their conditioning.
Interim Schedule for level 2A/2B/3A:
Tuesday/Thursday 5:30 – 7:00PM
Fee: $60.00 for four classes
Interim Schedule for level 3B/4/5:
Monday/Wednesday 5:30 – 7:00PM, Saturdays 10:30 – 12:00PM
Fee: $90.00 for six classes.
Tuition Policy Reminders
- Payment of class tuition is due in advance. Once enrolled, you are responsible for entire tuition payment regardless of attendance.
- Families with more than one student are eligible for a 10% discount from your family tuition subtotal (registration fee for each individual is still required each semester).
- No refunds after the second week of classes.
- Registration for semester length classes that are not full will close after the second week. Drop-ins are available for some adult classes, so please contact the office.
- There will be a $15 service charge for all returned checks.
Summer Dance Intensive
A full day of advancing dance technique and increasing the appreciation of dance offered to students at the intermediate level, ages 10-16.
Year-round Youth Ballet Program
A complete classical ballet curriculum is offered for students ages 7 and up. The curriculum focuses on proper skeletal alignment, posture, strength, and stretch of the legs and feet, fluid arm carriage, flexibility and musicality.
New students should contact Kathryn Smith, Program Administrator, to arrange for a placement class.
Community Dance School
The UI Community Dance School offers a wide range of classes from adult ballet, modern, jazz and yoga. Classes are offered for all ages starting at children ages 2 and up, teens, and adults.