Winter Intensive 2021
All classes will be conducted over Zoom this session.
The University of Iowa Youth Ballet is committed to personalized instruction and small class sizes where each student is seen, known and cared about. Our spring 2021 program includes several children's classes during the week, three levels of adult ballet and multiple sections of our leveled ballet classes. Our instructors are invested in working with the whole person and while we continue to miss the studios of Halsey Hall, we are thriving online.
Tuition fees cover one semester of instruction and are based on the length of the weekly class. UI Youth Ballet semesters tend to match the UI Academic Calendar and vary in duration depending on the year or other circumstances such as national holidays. Generally, a semester is 15 or 16 weeks. A registration fee (currently $7.50 for advance registrations) is added to each enrollment transaction.
|Tuition (amount per semester)|
Tuition Policy Reminders
- Payment of class tuition is due in advance of the semester. Once enrolled, you are responsible for the entire tuition payment regardless of attendance.
- Families with more than one student are eligible for a 10% discount from your family tuition subtotal (regular registration fee for each individual is still required each semester).
- No refunds after the second week of classes.
- Enroll as soon as possible after online registration forms become available. Registration will close when classes fill or at the end of the second week, whichever comes first. Drop-ins may be available for some adult classes, so please contact the office by email to inquire.
- There will be a $15 service charge for all returned checks.
Year-round Youth Ballet Program Description
A complete classical ballet curriculum is offered for students ages 7 and up. The curriculum focuses on proper skeletal alignment, posture, strength, and stretch of the legs and feet, fluid arm carriage, flexibility, and musicality.
New students should contact Kathryn Smith, Program Administrator, to arrange for a placement class.
Community Dance School
The UI Community Dance School offers a wide range of classes from adult ballet, modern, and yoga. Classes are offered for all ages starting at children ages 2 and up, teens, and adults.